In compliance with the FTC guidelines, please assume the following about all links, posts, photos and other material on this website:
Any/all of the links on this website are affiliate links of which Board Mommy Games receives a small commission from sales of certain items, but the price is the same for you.
Boardmommygames.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com or endless.com, MYHABIT.com, SmallParts.com, or AmazonWireless.com. Pages on this site may include affiliate links to Amazon and its affiliate sites on which the owner of this website will make a referral commission.
If your family is anything like mine, our weeknights are crazy busy. My husband gets home, we eat dinner, and before I know it, it’s bath and bed time. Once the kids go to bed I don’t want to spend time reading rules. I want something quick, easy and fun! So I went through our current games and picked out my top 5 favorites for quick play, so you can get to playing.
1. Castle Panic – I’ve talked many times about this game on the blog. It is my absolute favorite game, and mostly because it’s super fast! If you haven’t played this game, you need to because you will have so much fun. It may take you a play through to pick up the rules,but it’s so easy and quick to play. I also love that most of the rules for bosses are on the board game so no need to get the rule guide out.
2. Catan Rivals– this I basically Catan in card form. If you played the original Settlers of Catan, you will pick this up easily. If you haven’t it’s still fairly easy to pick up and play quickly. Unfortunately it’s a two player only game, but if you’re anything like my husband and me, finding a quick and fun two player game is a major plus and well Settlers of Catan started it all with board games for me.
3. Boss Monster– This game is one of my favorite games to take camping, we took it on our first trip out in our camper last week and it fit perfectly on our table. It’s basically a mini dungeon game, You play the boss monster, and you create rooms to help you stay alive and kill the hereos before they come and kill you. Everything is in card form. The game is easy to take places and easy to learn.
4. Monopoly Gamer – I normally get flustered when people find out I love board Games and say “oh like monopoly”… although I love monopoly, most of the games on our shelf are anything but monopoly. This could stand true for Monopoly gamer, you don’t play for hours, it’s a quick game with easy mechanics. It’s fun and you can learn the rules fast, which is why it made my list. Don’t under estimate this game if you are a seasoned board gamer!
5. Epic Spell Wars – this game is hilarious, it can be played with two people but it’s more fun to play with a group. It’s a game that uses cards only. You pick your character and then use these spell cards to create spell names. Per the rules you have to role play the spell name when you say what it is to the group, and it usually makes us all laugh hysterically. If you haven’t played I highly recommended it, and it would be great as a party ice breaker.
I hope you enjoyed my top 5 quick picks! If you had to pick a quick game to play what would you choose? Let me know below in the comments.